Thursday 17 March 2016

PREPARING A LESSON PLAN

MY HISTORY LESSON PLAN

Hello everybody!
In this task we had to make a lesson plan

On this post I would like to share with you my e-project draft which is called “Becoming Romans Journalists”. The objective of our task, was to develop a lesson plan using ICT tools.
To organize my draft, I have followed the template that our teacher gave us. In my opinion, using this sort of charts are really useful as they allow you to follow the steps and to structured it in a very visual way.
Here you have the link to my e-project document:
As you can see, the topic of my project is “The Roman Empire in the Iberian Peninsula” which, according to the curriculum, had to be carried out in 4th grade thorugh Social Sciences subject.
As a general rule, when I am asked to prepare these kind of tasks, I’m used to create Natural Science programs because I think I’m better explaining this subject. But in this case I want to prove myself and demonstrate that History can also be developed in an amusing way.
Other reason for me to prepare this project is that I have realized during my traineeship that teachers do not give enough importance to History topics. In my opinion, through these project students will understand lot of interesting concepts and contents of this period and I will encourage their enjoyment of history.
To make this task more engaging, I have prepared a short video in which I intend to catch students attention. I used the same tool as in my 3,2,1 Introduction because I really like the final product and I get used to it. The tool is called Powtoon and I hardly recommend you since it is really easy to use and allows you to work with a wide range of possibilities. You can use this tool in informal presentations as well as in formal ones, being original in the tool selected.
As I said before, my idea was to create an original and dynamic video so that you can see the main aspects of my project, trying not to write so much information as the whole lesson plan is in the other document. The purpose of it was to prepare a presentation of the project that engage people.



Here is the link to my e-project video:

Hope you like it!

Ana.

No comments:

Post a Comment